The Falling in Art French Easel Box is a lighter version of the traditional french easel and suitable for plein air painting. You can also fold up its legs and use the easel on a tabletop — helpful when you’re short on floor space.
Company name: Falling in Art
Website: Falling in Art Store on Amazon
Pochade box name: Falling in Art Beech-Wood Light Weight French Easel with Aluminum Tripod
Type: Lightweight French
Price range $50-$100
Weight: 9.3lb, 4.2kg
Palette size: 12 1/2” W x 17 2/5” L, 32cm x 44cm
Construction: Wood and aluminium
Unlike most french easels this one has adjustable aluminum tripod legs. This easel would be suitable for watercolor painting since you need to have a stable surface for that.
The canvas holder has a clamp that can hold painting supports with a height from 16 inches up to 34 inches. The clamp cannot hold canvases shorter than 16 inches, so you this is a problem if you are painting small panels.
- aluminum tripod and sliding drawer and removable palette
- Smooth – 12 1/2” W x 17 2/5” L Flat working board suitable for painting pad, canvas and more
- Adjustable – Upper and lower slots on working board can accommodate 6” to 31 4/7” high canvas
- can be used as a desktop easel or a floor easel depending on 3 telescopic aluminum legs
- Portable – A carrying leather handle and a 1 1/4” wide shoulder strap
The easel is made of beech wood with aluminum legs.
How to set it up
Setup involves extending the tripod legs and pulling out the sliding drawer.
To compare it with other plein air easels, see my Guide to Plein Air Easels.
To compare it with other pochade boxes, see my Guide to Pochade Boxes.
Reviews of Falling in Art French Easel Box