With our online painting course, our goal is to give you the equivalent or better education than you would get at a prestigious Art Academy or Art University.
Tuition and fees for an Art Academy such as the Master of Fine Art program at the Academy of Art University San Francisco will cost you $20,797 per year.
If you travel long distance to learn from a top professional painter, just a single week-long workshop will cost you between $2000 and $3,000 taking into account the cost of tuition, air fares, car rental, food and lodging.
How The Trial Works
You will only be charged $1 and you will have three days to review the complete first year of the Virtual Art Academy® Apprentice Program.
Once the trial ends you will be charged for the one year program. It costs just 6 easy monthly payments of US$79.
If you are happy with the program, do nothing and your credit card will be charged US$79 on the third day, and every month after that for 5 months.
If the program is not for you, just cancel before the end of the three day trial and you will owe nothing more.
✓ Use with any device
✓ 100% secure payment
✓ Our first-year curriculum includes 48 Lessons, 40+ Videos, eBooks & Assignments
✓ Suitable for all levels
✓ Join our 4000 + Graduate Virtual Art Academy Members
Frequently Asked Questions
- Apprentice Program Year One
- Apprentice Program Year Two
- Apprentice Program Year Three
- Apprentice Program Year Four
- The Graduate Program – This is a series of extra lessons for students who have finished at least one year of the Apprentice Program. This program is based on a study of old master paintings.
- eLibrary pdf downloads – an option for students who would like a hardcopy of all of Barry’s eBooks. This lets you download all 58 of Barry’s eBooks on painting in pdf form.
- Many of these artists are amateur artists whose primary job is selling how to paint courses. You are likely to pick up some poor artistic practices if you are not careful. These bad habits might be very difficult to break later on. You can easily check if the artist is a professional. Look for the author’s biography or curriculum vitae. Professional artists will have won awards in competitions in which other professionals participated. They will also have had exhibitions in museums. A professional artist will have held several one-person shows in galleries, and participated in group exhibitions with other professional artists. You will find all of this information on the artist’s personal art website designed for their collectors. You can check out the personal artist website of Barry John Raybould here: Barry John Raybould artist website.
- You will also find that many of the cheaper courses consist of a disconnected series of demonstration videos. Whenever you want to review a topic with those courses, you will have to sit through hours and hours of video, just to find the one piece of information you were looking for. Members of the Virtual Art Academy can logon to our members-only Online Campus, type a search term in a box, and instantly find the answer. This is because of the highly structured and modular way we designed the course. We designed the Virtual Art Academy as both a learning environment and as a high quality quick reference resource for professionals. See the Definitions section of this Wikipedia article EPSS to understand more about our key difference. You can read more about this on our Our Story Page and on our Painting Classes Page.
If you still have any questions that are not answered by clicking on the link above we will be only too happy to help. Please contact us and let us know how we can help you.