Take Your Painting As Far As You Want To Go
✓ Instant Access to Structured Top-Rated Art Academy Lessons
✓ Learn To Paint Online
✓ Study Online Anytime, Anywhere
✓ Access to Both Beginner and Advanced Online Painting Classes
✓ Choose Your Painting Medium (Oil, Watercolor, Acrylics, Pastel, Digital)
Why Our Online Art Academy Is Different
1. Comprehensive & Structured
The Virtual Art Academy® online art academy painting classes contains 192 painting lessons broken down into 16 workshops, and 350 focused assignments.
As a beginner, you will systematically learn to paint in oils, acrylics or watercolors, one step at a time, and see your paintings steadily improve.
You get the same structured learning experience you would get at a prestigious Art University or Art Academy, but you can learn to paint at your own pace, and in the comfort of your own home.
2. Information At Your Fingertips
The reading information for the Virtual Art Academy® Apprentice Program is the result of a fifteen-year research project by professional artist Barry John Raybould. It contains information on how to paint you will not find anywhere else.
As a result, by joining the Virtual Art Academy, you will save yourself months of wasted time searching YouTube videos, blogs, art books, and tutorials for quality information on how to paint.
3. Knowledge You Can Trust
The Virtual Art Academy® online art school curriculum was entirely authored by a successful professional artist with a long list of exhibitions, galleries, and top awards to his name.
Uniquely we provide advanced online painting classes and lessons for professionals as well as beginners to raise your art to the level of museum quality.
When learning how to paint you need to avoid getting into bad habits that will eventually slow down your progress. In our online painting classes you will learn the best working practices right from the start.
What Medium Can I Use?
You can use any medium you like to do your online painting course. This is because at the Virtual Art Academy you will learn the important underlying principles of painting that are the foundation of all great artworks.
Other painting courses online teach you specific techniques for how to paint a tree or how paint clouds or rocks. But you will only be able to copy the style of the teacher.
With the painting lessons from Virtual Art Academy you will be able to paint any subject in any medium, using any style you choose. As a result, your creative possibilities will be endless!
Here are some different painting media and techniques you can use.
You can change the medium you use at any time. Or if you like, simply stay with one medium throughout the online painting course.
Online Painting Lessons for Beginner Painters
If you are an absolute beginner who has no experience at all in painting, you can systematically build up your skills one by one by following our Apprentice Lite Program curriculum one lesson at a time in sequence.
When you have finished the beginner topics, simply move on to the more advanced parts of the program. In our early workshops you will learn these essential skills:
- the essentials of notan – the underlying design structure behind all master-works.
- all about values and how to see them accurately – an important prerequisite for achieving realism in your work.
- the essentials of color and how to break it down into the three simpler choices of value, saturation, and hue – a critical skill for getting color harmony in your work
You will also learn:
- how to develop an underlying concept for your painting that will make your work stand out from the rest.
- the most important compositional skill you will ever learn, space division.
- how to control saturation – a key skill for advanced color harmony.
- best practices for doing color studies outdoors – the essential process used by the great colorists such as Joaquin Sorolla and the basis of Impressionism.
Online Painting Classes for Adults
The Virtual Art Academy is great for adults who want to build a solid foundation for art in a structured way. You may be wanting to start a new career in art. Or you could be taking up art as a hobby you intend to spend a lot of time on. If you don’t want to waste your time, the best online painting classes are those built by professional artists. It is best not to take classes built by amateur painters (even if they advertise they are professionals). This is because professional classes, although more expensive, will help you learn faster and ultimately get more out of your hobby.
Our comprehensive program includes:
- watercolor painting online course
- oil and acrylic painting online course
- landscape painting online course
- portrait painting online course
Request our prospectus for a full description of our curriculum and program of painting lessons.
Online Painting Lessons for More Experienced Painters: The Apprentice Pro Program
Our Apprentice Pro Program contains all the information you would get if you attended a four-year program at a prestigious Art Academy or University. It includes lessons for more experienced painters, as well as for professional artists who are already selling their work.
Our advanced lessons include:
- the skills you need to create incredibly beautiful color harmonies in your work.
- how to create exciting compositions.
- how to use expressive brushwork to bring your painting alive.
- how to build your observations skills in drawing, form, and color to make your work look realistic.
- how to create an underlying abstract design that will make your work stand out in a gallery.
- how give your painting meaning as well as design to take it to museum level quality, and much more.
Need More Information On Our Painting Classes?
The Online Campus
All registered members of our online art school get access to our members-only Online Campus. Here you can interact with other Virtual Art Academy students from all over the world.
Our online art school students tell us the encouragement and feedback from an enthusiastic and friendly community of like-minded artists will motivate you and help you learn faster. As a bonus, you can make wonderful friendships worldwide.