The Virtual Art Academy® Apprentice Program is a structured four-year program of sixteen online painting classes, that contains a total of 192 painting lessons and 350 focused assignments.
Skill Building Blocks™
Other online painting classes just teach you how to paint a particular subject such as a tree, a rock, a flower, or other objects. Or how to copy a painting completed by your instructor. When you try to paint a different subject, or use a different medium, you will not know how.
In the Virtual Art Academy online painting school we organize our painting classes around a framework of nine skill Building Blocks™. Over the course of the four-year program you will acquire skills in all nine of these Building Blocks.
In our online painting school you will get all the core skills you need in order to be able to paint any subject you want – using any media you want. You will not be limited by any style or technique.
Our comprehensive curriculum, designed by a working professional artist, covers the topics you would learn at a top Art Academy … and more. Each year of the program builds on the previous year.
Painting Class Content
Our online painting classes include 192 painting lessons each covering a critical oil painting technique, acrylic painting technique, or watercolor painting technique you need to master in order to paint well.
At the end of each painting class, there is a summary painting project to show off what you learned in the class.
In each painting lesson you get:
- Background reading material – covering all the painting techniques and principles you need.
- Short painting video segments – to make difficult concepts easy to understand (200 video segments in total).
- Focused learning assignments – to help you fully master and internalize each painting technique (350 assignments in total).
- A tip of the day section – to help you solve common painting problems.
The Apprentice Program online painting classes are divided into four years. You can learn more about each year by choosing one of the following:
- Apprentice Program Year One
- Apprentice Program Year Two
- Apprentice Program Year Three
- Apprentice Program Year Four