Guerrilla Painter – The Campaign Box™ is an alternative to the traditional pochade box or French easel. It hooks onto the legs of a tripod and folds out to provide palette space and materials storage.
Company name: Guerrilla Painter
Pochade box name: Guerilla Campaign Box and Flex Easel
Type: Palette Boxes/PanelSupport
Price range: $300-$350
- $269.99(Campaign Box™)+
- $99.99(No. 17 Flex Easel™)+
- $29.99(Palette for the Campaign Box™)
- 5.1lbs/2.31kg(Campaign Box™ )+
- 1lb/0.45kg(No. 17 Flex Easel™)+
- 0.5lb/0.2kg(Palette for the Campaign Box™)
Palette size: 9.5″ x 14.75″, 24.cm x 37.5cm
- Wood(Campaign Box™ ),
- aluminum(No. 17 Flex Easel™),
- Acrylic(Palette for the Campaign Box™)
The Guerrilla Painter Campaign Box™ hooks onto the tripod legs and folds out to provide palette space and materials storage. It includes a large center area for a palette, two storage compartments under the slide out panels, and brush rests. The Campaign Box™ attaches to the legs of any standard tripod with adjustable clamps. It is designed specifically for a tripod mounted easel such as the #17 Flex Easel™, Quarter Sheet Watercolorboard™, or Half Sheet Watercolorboard™.
Guerrilla Painter The Campaign Box™
- Mounts on any camera tripod
- Includes lots of storage
- Handy brush rests
- Movable divider
- Dimensions (not including mounts): Closed – 16” x 10” x 4” , Open – 31.5” x 10” x 2”
- Made from durable Beechwood
The No. 17 Flex Easel™
- Attaches to any standard camera tripod
- Paint at any angle
- Holds panels or canvases up to 20″ tall
- 24″ long
- Weighs only 1 lb
- Extruded aluminum with stainless steel attachments
Palette for the Campaign Box™
- Neutral gray
- 9.5″ x 14.75″ x .12″
How to set it up
The setup is quite quick since you just hook it over a tripod.
To compare it with other plein air easels, see my Guide to Plein Air Easels.
To compare it with other pochade boxes, see my Guide to Pochade Boxes.
Reviews of Guerrilla Painter
This is an interesting design
This is an interesting design – the slide out panels look useful. However the concept of adding storage space adds considerably to the weight of the box. There are also no holes provided for putting brushes in, so this loses potential extra palette space in the side trays of the box. The bottom line as… Read more “This is an interesting design”
Give a review