I painted this from a photo as I did not have the weather or inclination to stand outside.
I used most of the aspects of the workshop F section:
- the warm/cool palette (which is my favorite).
- base lines
- I simplified the forms with large brushstrokes blended in the sky to small ones in the rocks
- I used thick and thin paint,
- it has mass line and point in the sand, sky, wall and the rocks,
- I used big brushes to start and smaller later,
- there are vertical hue changes in the sky,
- there are diminishing sizes and receding lines in the rocks and wall